Blogging became a sporadic hobby two years ago during the monumental summer I turned 50. I had just completed my seminary degree, and I became a long distance grandmother. There was a truck load of emotional shifting taking place in my wild brain, things I wanted to say, ideas I wanted to explore, and the desire to connect with others surfing life like me.
So My Philippians 4:8 Life took root.
Oddly enough, I know what I want my blog to be…but I am not there…yet. I am looking for life in the Philppians 4:8 “whatevers.” Whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, if anything is excellent or praise worthy…
No fluff…well, maybe a little fluff…
Real. Funny. Sometimes sarcastic with a lovely dose of snarky. Poetic. Emotional. Colorful. Honest…deep.
I lack the consistency in the everyday to sit, write, and post. No excuses…I need the accountability. Blogging 101, hopefully, will help create that habit.
So who is this Philippians 4:8 girl?
I am a…
- Jesus-girl who struggles to get it right…
- Wife of 33 years to Randy,
- Mother of grown sons, Justin and Josh,
- Mother-in-love to Chelsea (Justin’s wife)
- Grand Sugar to my one grand darling, Hadasah Noel
- Mom to furry child, a chocolate lab named Hershey Kiss
- 4th grade reading teacher
- Bonafide Word Nerd, a bowerbird of words and phrases –
- Drinker of girlie coffee
- Consumer of vast amounts of dark chocolate
- Dreamer of Cheetos. (Just being honest.)
- Voracious Reader
- Hesitant poet of the Haiku variety
I am a wild and wooly mess…a complicated soul with sparkle and polka dots.
The next month of posting is going to be good for me, but I am honestly a little anxious too.